Monday, September 25, 2006

gun run

I ran the Gun Run for the fourth time yesterday. My time was 1 hour 51 minutes which is very much in line with my other half marathon times. The difference this time is that I wasn't hung-over, injured, detained by the other runners or otherwise impeded.

So, it looks like improving my time is going to be a lot harder than I thought. More interesting is how little impact those other 'disasters' seem to have had. I had guessed that they added 5-10 minutes to my time, but that is way overstated. I find that pretty surprising.

4 comments:

Swart Donkey said...

I stand to be corrected... but after ur other runs u looked and felt like death warmed over.

So the disasters must have at least made you feel worse?

stuart said...

that is true, yesterday was a more comfortable run.

i would expect times to vary more, but after 6km i could have told you my time within 2 mins, pretty acurate considering i had another 120 mins to run.

Swart Donkey said...

your time was 111 minutes, but after 6 kms you had 120 minutes to go.

I understand ????

Maybe they only taught that in Mam300. ;-)

stuart said...

Oh? yes. I doubt you'll believe how much trouble I've had with this recently. A few days before the run Tracy and I were confused by the 'fact' that averaging 4 minutes per kilometre (way faster than I can run) would result in a half marathon time of 124 minutes. We sorted out the problem then; obviously a few gremlins remain.