Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Basil Bernstein

I don't like Basil Bernstein: his writing style is completely unnecessary. Yet I'm forced to read paper after paper and then pretend (along with everybody else) that I understood a word of it. But maybe I'm just thick and everybody else thinks he writes like a dream, I don't know.

Anyway, I though of a fun game. The last paper I read of his runs from about page twenty to page forty. Choose a page and paragraph number and let me know in the comments. I'll post the paragraph and maybe you can tell me what it means.

OK? Go!

3 comments:

cristi said...

haha, fat chance buddy, i hated that arogant shit long before you did and i'll cut off a limb before i ever read a bernstein paper again. good luck finding a sucker who will

stuart said...

Whoa! I wasn’t suggesting anybody reading the paper. Just thought it might be amusing to see what a randomly chosen paragraph looks like. I can’t be trusted to choose randomly.

Thought Bernstein might bring you out of the woodwork.

Swart Donkey said...

Page 34 Paragraph 2