Monday, October 22, 2007

Question about global warming

Al Gore stupidly says, "The climate crisis is not a political issue, it is a moral and spiritual challenge to all of humanity." The bit about morality isn't the stupid bit; most of the people I know agree that it is. I might agree with versions of it. Now, as far as I know, vegetarians have a much lower carbon footprint than meat eaters.

So my question to you meat eating global warming nuts is this; will you stop eating meat because of the morality issue? Or will you see tradeoffs where there were none before?

2 comments:

Tracy Leigh said...

I'm pretty sure that being a vegetarian has a lower carbon footprint than eating meat. But punting vegetarianism would probably cause him to be less popular. What do you think? He is a politician afterall.

mutt said...

I don't think he especially cares.

His energy consuption is very high after all. He clearly sees the tradeoffs.