Saturday, December 29, 2007

An issue with religion

This is one of the first issues that come up when taking the Bible or the Koran seriously; if we really need these books then what about the people who died before them? Or people who live miles away and have never heard of Jesus or Mohammed. It seems to me that Christians take this issue seriously or they wouldn't try so hard to distribute Bibles or otherwise spread the word. Since it's an obvious question and it isn't much discussed I take it there's an obvious answer but I don't know it. So can anyone tell me?

3 comments:

Swart Donkey said...

The answer I got to this much posed question when I was a christian was...

God in his glory would have been revealed to all those who were open... even in the Amazonian jungle. God knows that not everyone would have heard of Jesus and they would be judged accordingly. They would be given the opportunity to accept Christ as their saviour when they are judged.

Do I buy it?

No.

Stuart said...

yeah. I know that reply. Honestly, it seems very silly to me. but what do I know...

Stuart said...

but since neither of us buy it, we are agents of satan... or are at least hopelessly biased. anyone who has the answer that they buy?