Monday, March 17, 2008

Department of petty grievances

The other day I was stuck in traffic on the M3 and a heard several sirens screaming up behind me. Traffic was bumper to bumper but we all dutifully squirmed to the side of the road to let the ambulance/fire truck/even police car through. But no! It was Mr Mbeki's motorcade.

I don't give a shit if he had important things to do (I don't even especially want him to "do things"). I'm on his side in the conspiracy against Zuma, but this did not endear him to me.

5 comments:

Greg Torr said...

You should listen to Cape Talk more. This is a very common pet peeve of Capetonions.

Stuart said...

I should. but this is not possible in my car.

I also think his motorcade is too fancy.

Greg Torr said...

It is, however, possible on your radio at home. Or your computer.

Just think of the sense of solidary you'd feel. You'd be part of a community. Before long, you'd be using the word neighbourgoods without any sense of shame.

mutt said...

Jesus.

Why don't you say it?

Trevor Black said...

Am I allowed to comment here or is this something you guys need to sort out yourselves?