- Are things (globally) better now than they've been before? Are things much better?
- Is pay closely related to productivity?
- How much of the West's wealth resulted from exploitation of, or damage done to other countries (note that it's possible to screw up other places without getting richer from doing so)?
- How politically powerful are people in liberal Western countries by virtue of being rich (what do we by political power)?
- When we buy something, are we usually better off for it? If you spend R200 on cutlery, is it true that you value the cutlery more than the R200? Or are you suffering from some kind of false consciousness?
Friday, March 14, 2008
Posted by mutt at 4:26 pm