Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Ahh memories.

Last night I was reminded of one of the darker moments of my childhood. When I was about 7 or 8 my friend Nick and I decided it'd be a really great idea to use my cool aluminium shield to block arrows we'd fire at each other from point blank range. This was great fun until I shot Nicholas in the throat. My memory of this event is pretty vivid and my only concern was about how much trouble I was now in. I haven't thought about it much since then but now I think I should probably have spent a little more time being relieved that the arrow did not actually penetrate his throat.

Of course my reaction to this thought was to laugh uncontrollably for a minute of two which, to judge by the reaction of the company I was with, was inappropriate.

1 comment:

Trev said...

In your memoirs, judging by the ficitonal ones that have been put out, it may make for a disturbing twisted reality if it did penetrate...

I did vote for you as most likely to be a serial killer.

Rule 1) Don't get caught.