Sunday, May 25, 2008

"It's rubbish... In 1957 the communists did not run with crystal skulls throughout the US."

That's from an article about how pissed off the Russian Communist party is over the new Indiana Jones movie. And guess what, they want the movie banned. Surprise!

They will go to the cinema and will be sure that in 1957 we made trouble for the United States and almost started a nuclear war.


 

That's outrageous! It was
1962!


 

Now, I don't usually just take the Communist Party's word on stuff, but in this case I'm willing to forgo hours of Googling and just accept that communists did not in fact run amok through the US with crystal (alien) skulls.

I suppose that the making such a statement doesn't imply that they are complete fucking morons. I'm sure there's convincingly sincere and sinister politicking behind it. Randomly banning movies probably does them good. I'm a little surprised that they're so keen to signal their utter contempt for the Russian youth though, but what do I know.

I wonder if they've broken the news about professional wrestling yet, or maybe that's already been banned.

2 comments:

sid said...

Indianna Jones is a crap movie. Maybe they're banning it coz they don't want the countrymen to waste money on such dribble? Oh maybe I'm naive?

Stuart said...

I doubt it, cos there are so many other crap movies that they don't ban.

Besides, is that a good reason to ban stuff? What if "they" try ban my blog!?