Sunday, July 13, 2008

posting

Sorry if you've been checking here only to find no posts, I've been pretty sick all week. I still don't have the necessary energy to dazzle you all with another blinding insight.

But I did mean to link to this paper about bystander apathy. I sometimes tell a story about a guy who shot at someone on campus and nobody did anything, including the two people involved. I also saw footage of a guy shooting at a woman working at a petrol station in America. He also missed and nobody did anything there either. I wouldn't say I get incredulous stares when I talk mention these incidents, in fact sometimes I hear similar stories, but it clearly comes across as weird and possibly dubious.

So I was interested to discover that it's been quite well studied. I imagine that gangsters have been experts on this for thousands of years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[size=72][color=red][url=http://www.go4you.net/go.php?sid=9]Pezda[/url][/color][/size]

[size=72][color=red][url=http://www.go4you.net/go.php?sid=9]eBook: Adobe Photoshop CS2 For Dummies [/url][/color][/size]