Friday, January 16, 2009

check this out

Click the heading for the story. It is pretty amazing, I'm a little surprised to be as wowed, but there you go.

Sooo... we've got a new celebrity on our hands. From the info available the pilot was genuinely heroic. Wouldn't it be nice if turns out to have some personality instead of grinding out tired cliches. I won't hold my breath. I'm sure he's an interesting guy, but we've all watched enough TV and sporting events to know the kind of things you're meant to say, which has the effect of making interesting stuff seem banal and boring.

I saw a couple of reports on Sky and I really hope that the survivors stay focused on how lucky and happy they are (which really cheered me up) rather than reflecting on how traumatic it all was.

I'm not sure why I'm being preemptive mean about people, maybe I'm just a mean person.

1 comment:

Trevor Black said...

Spotting a trend with Slumdog...

'Mean Times' hehe