Tuesday, March 03, 2009

yay internet!

Seriously, yay internet.


I love the internet. I think it has made things better.


I still don't understand why so many people worry about Facebook and stalking but don't think it's odd that we all grew up in a world where all you needed was a surname in order to find out a person's phone number and physical adress.


My post the other day wasn't alluding to any building irritation to yay internet sentiment.


I don't think excessive optimism should be balanced with excessive pessimism. But as part of my broader interest in bias, ethics etc I do wonder how I should present my opinions on these things about which I strong views.


The fact that I'm pro-internet doesn't mean I don't see some downsides, but I think most people I talk to focus on these points so I spend my time arguing even though I may not disagree with particular issues. I'm not sure if this is the right way to go about things, but there you go.

No comments: