Thursday, September 10, 2009

I'm thinking about getting a gun, and dealin' crack. Being a crack dealer. Not, like, a mean crack dealer, but like... like a nice one.

Kinda friendly, like, "Hey, what's up guys? You want some crack?".

Actually I'm not. Ricky Bobby is, but this is exactly what I thought of when I read Thomas Friedman saying this
One-party autocracy certainly has its drawbacks. But when it is led by a reasonably enlightened group of people, as China is today, it can also have great advantages. That one party can just impose the politically difficult but critically important policies needed to move a society forward in the 21st century.

Starting a paragraph, "One-party autocracy certainly has its drawbacks. But..." is like starting a sentence, "I'm not a racist, but..."

Sure dictatorships don't tend to work out well, but that because I'm not the dictator! I know what needs to be done. All you people may think you know what needs to be done but you're wrong and since I can't convince you of your wrongness and my rightness, it's reasonable for me to request the power to simply ram my proposals through and no it is NOT reasonable for you to feel the same way.

Hey man, I don't have a job writing for the New York Times, I have written few bestsellers and I know how common this attitude is, but just come out and say it like this seems really lame to me. To feel no shame about effectively using that amazing platform to complain about how outrageous it is that some people disagree with you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thailand-Hotdeals.Com - Free Links Directory is a Human Edited and Search Engine Friendly Web Directories, each listing is reviewed to ensure only the highest quality listings. This Free Links Directory will help you to get highly effective backlink.

[url=http://www.thailand-hotdeals.com]free link directory[/url]