Wednesday, September 02, 2009

MNU

I watched District 9 on Sunday and even though it isn't really my kind of movie, I was really impressed.

I'm not entirely sure about how original I think it is, but that may be because I watched "The Fly" for the first time on Saturday where the protagonist gradually turns into a fly in a similarly gruesome way.

Originality in one aspect was definitely lacking though. The baddies work for an evil multinational corporation! Surprise! Apparently concerned that this fact would be lost on the audience, they call the evil company "Multinational United" and repeat a few times that it's privately owned. Maybe District 10 will take the logical next step and call it EMNU.

1 comment:

Sid said...

Bwhahah.
I'm just proud that the tech behind this movie was South African.